Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Quick update #1

     The school in NY finally got around to sending out a sheet to sign up for the actual seminars in Russia. Yes, it seems like a little last-minute since we're leaving on Friday, but what can you do. Most of the classes available (that we've already signed up for on their school webpage) require two seminars, which are held in blocks of 2 hours, M/W/F. Naturally, the class that I'm signed up for that isn't Russian language only requires one seminar... and cultural excursions... and a research project to be done while we're over there. Sigh!

     So I'm really, really hoping that the excursions we do for this class are a) less involved, b) less frequent, and c) more apt to get us fed than the ones from the last time I was there. I'm not entirely sure what the research project entails, but I'm hoping that it's easy enough to work up and type out on a laptop. In Russia. We shall see.

     In other news, I'm having a fantastic time with Elf and Angel out here, although the scorching hot weather seems to have followed me out here, and it is 10 degrees hotter than they have predicted for the entire next week. If this happens in Russia, I'll consider selling myself out to areas threatened with severe winters... Anyhow, I'll check in again once I'm on the move and headed towards Russia. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment