Friday, July 20, 2012

Halfway mark

     I was writing in my journal today when I realized that I've hit the halfway point of my time here in Russia. As excited as I am to get back home and have access to things like tacos, a vacuum cleaner, a washer and dryer, and my own bed, I have to say that this trip has been amazing. I read back over what I'd written the first time I was here, and it was basically a litany of severe unhappiness in the face of an unknown and incomprehensible country. Here are a few brief comparisons of the major differences:


     Many of the people here ask about the last time I visited, and almost without fail, they say "I'm amazed you came back!" As my dad pointed out, however, far better that it be this way than that I had a great first trip and returned to have a miserable one. Here's to another great 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment