Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday update

      So it seems like connectivity and keeping in touch with you all will be much, much easier this time (thank goodness). It turns out that my apartment is one of the few who don't have a current internet connection, but it should be fixed within the next 2 weeks. Even if they don't, however, there is speedy and reliable connection at school, so there will be no vanishing into the ether this time. That also means that you'll be getting more, smaller updates, and probably fewer pictures, since I will mostly be at school or home, rather than gallivanting about the country, starving and cranky.

     Today was the first day of language class, but (because of course it wouldn't be Russia if there weren't some problem), they only had one room for all of us, so we were all together. Keep in mind we have people with everything from one year of Russian all the way through  fluent native speakers, so I wasn't sure how it would go. Thankfully, though, the class that I'm in is the largest, so the prof started going over cases, prefixed verbs of motion (which I still hate, but am getting better at) and a huge variety of vocab. For once, I was exactly where I needed to be, and everyone around me was confused. It turns out that the NY school focusses on reading and writing rather than oral skills (heh), and they were having a hard time keeping up at first.

     One of the other ladies in the group has just convinced me to hit up the shopping area, though, since it's only 2pm, so I'm off. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment