Thursday, September 22, 2011

Test days...

     I have a massive, massive Russian test today. Unfortunately, no matter what sort of test, trial, interview, or whatever I am facing, I only have one method of dealing with it:

A week before...                                                 The night before...                                          The entire day of...


   
Fortunately, about 99% of the time, I end up with this result:




     Now, logically speaking, I know that I do this every single time. And every single time, I come out okay. But my mind just doesn't want to let go of that panic, and I spend the entire day of the test freaking out over what I may or may not have studied. I'm fairly sure that if you told me I had to take a test on the alphabet, my thought process would go:

    "Oh no, what if they're going to test me on the history of the alphabet? Or the Russian alphabet? They didn't specify! Will I have to recite it backwards, or write it down? If I have to write it down, will it be in block letters or cursive? (I can't write in English cursive anymore, thanks to Russian studies). Will they grade me on my handwriting? Have I practiced with both pen and pencil enough? What if they want it with a fountain pen? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

     The irony is that, as a way to try to avoid freaking out today, I spent my time drawing silly sketches instead of committing acts of panicked studying. I'm still shaky, and still panicked about it, but at least I have something to show for it. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment