Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fifty!

No no, fifty posts, not I'm fifty years old! Time flies, but thankfully not that fast.

     So I'd hoped that the fiftieth post for the blog would be a little more razzmatazz, as it were, but circumstances have come to pass to prevent that from happening. This past week was quite horrendously busy, and I was not able to get any drawing or writing done. Yesterday was my first day on the Concession Runner job, and it turned out to be a whopping 14-hour day. Suffice to day, I was not a happy camper. Getting up before the sun, driving to work in the dark, then watching the sun go down and the moon come up while you are STILL at work is no-one's idea of a good time. At least, no-one sane.

     I'm not saying it was all bad either, no no. I met some great people, enough to overshadow the awful people I met, and learned what I need to do better for the next time, so that hopefully I don't spend
another 14 hours there. Upon leaving work, I took my mother's brilliant suggestion, stopped by KFC on the way home, and had an absolutely delicious dinner before collapsing gratefully into bed, and sleeping a record-winning (in my life anyway) eleven hours. Go me!

     Unfortunately, that meant that today was when the bill was presented. My one day off started out with my left knee collapsing underneath me as I was making breakfast. Fortunately, it's done this a sufficient number of times before that I caught myself with no harm to body or breakfast, and simply went in search of my knee brace that I'd kept from years and years ago. Today has been spent trying to keep weight off it, stretching it gently, and finally giving in and icing it down before and after a warm bath.

     My biggest worry, at this point, is that it won't be healed before Tuesday night's dance class. While I know this is a silly thing to worry about, understand that dance class is the one thing in a week that is guaranteed to put me in a better mood, and you'll see my concern. I'm not quite so stubborn as to go dance if it's not healed up, but I will be very, very put out. In the meantime, all I have to deal with is how to get to class without riding my bike, and how to do my office job (lots of standing up and walking back and forth) without making it worse. I'm sure inventiveness will come to my aid though, despite a couple inevitable odd looks.

     So my apologies on no sketches for today. I usually curl up in my chair and brace my drawing board on one knee, but that's not really an option at the moment. Sadly, even sitting at the computer long enough to write this has made my knee unhappy, since there isn't room to stretch it out under the desk. So on that note, happy 50th post, and I hope your week goes well. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment