Friday, June 1, 2012

FTP 15 - Reactions to Murphy

     This week has been exceptionally crummy. Murphy was personally overseeing pretty much every aspect of it, from the database at work going down... again... to being both hungry and unenthused about food, to having bank issues, to getting incorrect store hours for a desperately needed transaction, to finally getting paperwork from the doctor for my visa application, only to have it be entirely not what I asked for. I have been in a funk for a good number of days, and was just slowly starting to get out of it on Thursday, a day I have Irish dance class, which is usually guaranteed to put me in a good mood. So I head out, feeling optimistic...


...I get to class, and it's 80+ degrees inside (no a/c in the building)...

...and the teacher has decided we need to do drills today...

...and she adds core strengthening exercises (crunches and suchlike)...

...and at the end of the (1.5 hour) class, one of the other champs tells me my timing is good...

...but if I don't hold my head and shoulders up, she's going to make me dance in a corset (friendly threat)...

...so I try to focus on that, but then my legs won't do what they're supposed to...

...and I look up and see the teacher making a face...

...at the woman dancing next to me, who's going the wrong way and is about to run into me...

...and I officially lose it. I'm hot, cranky, exhausted, trying to focus on too many things, losing track of what my body is doing, and simply cannot deal with one more thing. For about 5 seconds, I try to keep dancing while on the wrong foot, going the wrong way, laughing hysterically and trying to keep my shoulders back and head up, and then I just give up. I got off the floor, laid down, and (figuratively) died of laughter. Sometimes, you just have to recognize how ridiculous life is, let go of everything, and start over again.


Just be sure to do it with laughter instead of anger, it puts such a better outlook on life, afterwards. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment