Monday, June 18, 2012

In a funk

Periodically in my life, this happens:


Without fail, this follows:


     I have a really hard time digging myself out of these moods, because everything that goes wrong, requires me to change my plans, or isn't as expected makes me feel like I'm being picked on by life. Even worse, the background knowledge that I'm letting my friends and loved ones down leads to self-recrimination, especially if I know that what's got me down should be insignificant. I can try to hide it, and that works pretty well on people who don't know me, but it never fools my family and friends.

     Ultimately, once I'm thoroughly disgusted at myself for being a morose, lazy butt, I just have to slog through a trail of logic to find my way out of the funk and resume my regular attitude towards life...



...but I always wonder what would happen if someone just forestalled the whole thing by doing this:



Perhaps we will never know.

     I know this is picture-heavy; I'm still working on trying to figure out a new drawing tablet. The style isn't completely solidified yet, so expect more in the future. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. It is good to see your alter ego back! I like the conscience part too!

    ReplyDelete