Friday, November 25, 2011

Filler #2!

     Being as that I'm still on vacation (well, I will be when you read this post), here's another random sketch from the ones that didn't make it. This was started when I was doing the post about the picture of myself on the wall- I think I was going to try to draw myself small and having an attitude, yelling at me for putting me on a box on the wall or something. For some reason, when I started drawing it tho, the picture itself wouldn't behave, and eventually turned into me sitting on a bench in a park, eating ice cream. No idea how that happened, it just didn't want to co-operate (story of my life, eh?).


     When I went back to look at it though, this is the story that came to mind: Have you ever been sitting or walking along, minding your own business, when suddenly you get broadsided by a thought? It can be a new thought, and interesting tangent, a revelation, or just a "huh, wow" moment, but for some reason, it requires all non-essential motor functions to go offline for a few moments while you process it. And then, a couple moments later, you realize that people are staring at you because you've been holding a laden fork to your open mouth, or sticking your tongue out to eat ice cream, or standing with one foot in the air like a statue, staring off into the distance.

     Yeah, I do that. And I bet you do too. Just means we're great thinkers, or at least that's my reasoning. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment