Monday, November 28, 2011

Filler #3!

     Last filler post, honest. Technically, I did get home yesterday, but the plane should have gotten in (not sure exactly when it will, but that's time-travel writing for you) at 8:15pm, and I have to be ready for a class today, so... one more filler and back to full-length randomness this Friday, I promise.

     This is something that happened to me when I was working at a temp job for a government contractor. I didn't really have an office, per se, so they tucked me into what was basically a corner, gave me a computer and a scanner, and a couple million (ok, maybe 50) boxes of files to be scanned. Not exactly a highly
challenging job, but I typically just stuck my iPod into my ears (there's an image) and hoped no one was offended by my singing.

     One day, however, there was a big important meeting in a room close by, and I was asked to be quiet, as very smart people were busy on some very, very serious business. To avoid temptation, I just kept my iPod off and passed time conjugating Russian verbs or some such, I don't recall. Suddenly, about halfway through the day, I heard this coming from the room:


     Apparently they were doing some sort of computer gps imaging for a step in the project, and had missed a rather important variable somewhere... Oops! Good to know it's not just us plebeians who make silly mistakes. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment