Friday, August 31, 2012

FTP 21 - Posture and attitude

     This week has not been among the best in my life, to be honest. My schedule has been all over the place, I've had twice as long as normal days, and I am so ready for the long weekend. As tired as I've been, though, and as much as I'd love to just tell the world to go fly a kite, one of the things that's kept me going is such a small thing as posture.

     I know, I know, you're tired of people telling you to sit up straight, blah blah blah. Before you blow it off though, consider this. In previous posts and drawings, my faceless, expressionless character has been able to say a lot just by how she stands:


If a simple drawing can express that much just by posture, imagine how much it affects you and your 3D, mentally complex outlook on life. The next time you're feeling grumpy, tired, sad, or depressed, consider how you're sitting or standing, I'm willing to bet it'll resemble the top pictures. Take a deep breath, work the kinks out of your shoulders and neck, and take a look at something above eye level. It's amazing what one little change can make in your day, go ahead and give it a try. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment