Friday, April 6, 2012

FTP 7 - Push yourself

     In some ways, this has emphatically not been the best week of my life. Coming back off vacation, my stomach not wanting to go back to eating healthfully, seeing the effects of eating whatever I want for a week at dance class, etc, let's just say things have not gone as smoothly as they could.

     Rather than wallow in it though, I'm trying very, very hard to look at it as room to grow. I've been coasting along through the winter, not really pushing myself very hard, knowing I'll get by with relatively minimal effort. Even though spring is arriving in fits and starts, it's still here, and it's time to start some cultivation, both in my garden and in my life.


     So yesterday, I pushed myself farther than usual in dance class. On Wednesday, I started my day with news in French instead of comics. Today, I will be working on my application for an internship in Denver. No, it's not easy. Yes, it would be less work to just sit down and feel put-upon (and believe me, I've spent my time doing so). But a week, a month, a year down the road, which will get things done and make life easier then rather than now?

     What about you? What's in your garden, looking for some tlc?

No comments:

Post a Comment