Friday, April 27, 2012

FTP 10 - Let it go

     About a year ago, as I was restructuring my life (and, unbeknownst to me, just before I lost my older sister and would be deeply in need of uplifting thoughts), I picked up a book called More Notes from the Universe. It was on sale, and looked like it had some pretty inspirational ideas, so I figured why not, and started reading a couple pages a day. For the first time in my life, I willingly dog-eared pages of a book, because these were things I really needed to hear. One that's been pretty relevant lately goes like this:


     In a world where it's ridiculously easy to get self-righteous when you see someone else cheating, speeding, breaking the law, cutting ahead, etc etc, it really pays to stop and think for a moment. Instead of getting yourself all worked up and being angry or stressed at the unfairness of it all, wouldn't it be better to just let it go, relax, and look at your own life? For better or for worse, they'll get what's coming to them. What's coming to you? Are you ready for it? Don't let that amazing opportunity slip past you, just because you're blinded by someone else's bad choices- you're worth more than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment