Monday, October 10, 2011

Well drat (and pickup line 4-ish)

     As usual, I have done things absolutely backwards and managed to produce absolutely nothing for several hours' worth of work. Starting last week, I brainstormed on what to rename this blog, since I'd like it to be slightly easier to remember and access. I came up with an idea I liked, I sketched a few rough drafts of the tittle page, conferred with a (real artist) friend of mine, took an idea of hers and ran with it. I spent three hours tonight playing with settings on my primitive tools that I use to get my drawings online, frustrated at how poorly they were working, but I finally made it work.

     Celebrating my triumph over minimalism and technology, I went to do the last step- that of changing the web address of said blog- only to find that every, single, possible, logical, remotely intelligent, legible, coherent iteration of the name I was thinking about... had already been taken. And most of the blogs that had claimed it have been either defunct for literally a decade, or else are empty profiles with no content. Sigh.


     So despite the fact that I put off getting a post up until I could redo the layout, despite spending two hours drawing, redrawing, and even coloring a new splash page to make this place look a little nicer... you get nothing, I'm sorry. The best I can do for you (having now crashed and fallen into my "wasted effort funk"), is a really, really bad sketch of another bad pickup line. Enjoy, I guess. I'll try again later.


No comments:

Post a Comment