Friday, October 28, 2011

Random sketch day

   Two random sketches for you, since I can't seem to get my head around drawing for the post I had prepared. That'll teach me to write 'em early!

     The first one is one I did on Thursday, when I was having an attack of the abnormals. As per usual, I followed the instructions given by my teacher for a particular assignment, and submitted it online. Once I'd finished it, I checked out what other people had done, just to be sure I was on the right track (oh come on, you know you've done that too!). Of the submissions I could see, almost all of them were these cheery, bright
very, very similar stories of a happy home and family. Mine, on the other hand, was right about on par with Oliver Twist, but it followed the instructions, meshed with the story we were writing to augment, and had a plausible plot line and a happy ending.

     As occasionally happens, I was rather depressed by this. Time and again, I will follow my own logic and discover I'm not only on the wrong side of the field, but possibly on a different planet and playing a different game.


     That would be a game of three-dimensional chess, using Jenga pieces, and my version of an alien tongue.  Now usually, I deal with these situations in the above manner: roll with it, and enjoy whatever I'm doing. Now and then, though, I despair of ever being a "normal" person. Fortunately, I have amazing friends who help me realize I'm being silly, and should go back to cherishing my bizarre point of view. Which I have, but it is, occasionally, frustrating.

     The second picture you get... well, I'm not really sure why I drew it. Maybe it was supposed to go with a "can't keep me down" discussion, or perhaps I wanted to try my hand at semi- (very semi-) realistic  drawings, who knows! Here's what I'm going to tell you about it though.


     As with most people, I have been lied to, laughed at, cheated on, had my heart broken, mended, re-broken, shattered, walked on, and chewed up. Won't bother with the details; they're in the past, where they belong. Despite all that, though, my heart is still alive, still beating, and still open to people who need it. And I'm going to keep it that way, so there. Cheers!    

No comments:

Post a Comment