Monday, December 12, 2011

Summary of Finals weekend

     AKA: why there are no sketches today. I know, I know, it's been a couple weeks since I've actually drawn something- my fingers are going to atrophy and fall off! However, I would like to submit to you my schedule for this weekend as a valid reason why I have not been drawing. Comprehension will be facilitated by pictures, I promise!

Saturday:

  • 8:00 am Wake up, bring in the paper before the neighbors steal it, lay down on the floor to read it. Fall asleep on the paper.
  • 9:00 Wake up again and panic, thinking I've missed the final. Realize I have three more hours to study; try to brush up on everything at once.
  • 12:00pm Have lunch in an increasingly panicked state, head to Russian final. 
  • 1:15 pm Arrive 15 minutes early, panic when no-one else is there. Frantically double-check to be sure I'm at the right place at the right time, feel like a fool when I realize they're all in the classroom, not waiting outside as per usual. 
  • 1:30 Ask prof a question about the test to clarify an ambiguous instruction, receive this look:
  • 3:00 Get called out to complete the conversational part of the exam with the one person in the class whom I despise for being a brown-noser. Threaten to kick him on the way out of the classroom unless he behaves.
  • 3:30 Realize that I have done the best I could, turn in exam, and leave. Find out the temperature has dropped 10 degrees, and I am freezing. Turn in books for the semester, get $18 back (from over $120 spent at the beginning of the semester). 
  • 4:30 Get in car, try to warm up on the way home, find out that the highway is closed 2 miles down the road from college. Take back roads home, still freezing. 
  • 5:30 Get home, crank the heat,  lay down for a second on the floor, fall asleep.
  • 7:00 Wake up, take a shower, eat something, log on to game to raid with my guild.
  • 10:00 Guy in guild uses a Russian accent, sounding exactly like the guy I stayed with in Russia, and I have Vietnam-style flashbacks. Am sufficiently freaked out I cannot get to sleep. Stay up, talking to a friend and trying to calm down.
  • 2:00 am Finally get to sleep.
Sunday
  • 8:00 am Wake up. Get paper. Lay down to read the paper and fall asleep.
  • 9:00 Wake up, eat, make a desultory effort to clean, lay down for a moment, fall asleep.
  • 10:00 Wake up again... eat breakfast, do dishes, realize I have not recovered from the Russian final. Try to read the news and various webcomics, fall asleep.
  • 11:00 Wake up again, wrap Christmas presents, answer a few emails... potter around the house aimlessly.
  • 1:00 pm Friend calls to chat. While on the phone, I knit a little, wander aimlessly through my online game, make lunch... make dinner...
  • 8:30 pm Realize what time it is because my friend and I are both falling asleep. 
  • 8:35 pm Realize I haven't made a post for today. 
  • 9:00 pm Write a post explaining why I'm a slacker. 
  • 9:30 pm Stare at the screen, wondering if I could scrounge up the oomph to draw for slacker post, decide to heck with it, go to bed, fall asleep in anticipation of getting up early for a doctor's appointment on my first school-free day. 

     And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why there are no pictures. Once I figure out a way to re-locate my gumption (I swear it was in this box right here, but it seems to have escaped), and stay awake for more than 8 hours, I will get back to drawing. I do miss it, but man it takes forever. Anyhow, here's to a new week. Cheers!

Credit for photos goes to icanhascheezburger.com and google image search. 

No comments:

Post a Comment