Sunday, February 14, 2021

Sylvia Bishop Chapter 3 and work encounters of some kind

Chapter 3: Link

     It's been an odd week here. I had to physically go in to work twice, having only been in once in the past year. My boss, who has been a pandemic denier and not terribly aware of personal space in the past, was quite happy to keep his distance both times, even when I needed to show him how to change the toner on the printer. He has also started saying thank you and that he appreciates my work, which is completely out of character. Makes you ponder the question: if someone who you know to be difficult to work with really was replaced by a pod person, would you report it, or just be happy that their replacement is nicer? 

     Unfortunately, one of those visits to the office included a possible covid exposure. One of my coworkers has mutliple young children at home, so has been coming in to the office every day to get some peace and quiet to work in. They were not there when I went in, but they called me while I was there and asked me to deal with something on their desk. A few hours later, HR sent an email saying that "someone" who was usually in the office every day had tested positive, but don't worry, they stayed home today! Thankfully, I follow mask, no face touching, and handwashing recommendations to the letter, so hopefully nothing will come of it, but I am unappreciative of the general timeline there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment