Sunday, February 21, 2021

Crossing nice people (part 1)

DISCLAIMER, because I know you guys: No, this is not a reference to anyone currently in my life. 

      When I was younger, I had a chronic issue with giving people 2nd, 3rd, even 154th chances. As a kid, we're taught to be nice, be forgiving, turn the other cheek, but I would let people get away with things that I really shouldn't have. For the most part, people - or at least a certain type of person - will keep pushing if you let them get away with something once, long past when it becomes obvious that pushing is leading to a problem. After all, they got away with it once, twice, a hundred and fifty-four times... why not keep going?

     Eventually, though, there was a solid line that I was willing to defend, and I'd do so. To be fair, I can see where, for a chronic line-crossing jerk, it might be hard to distinguish what made that line different, but it did exist, and several people have gotten metaphorical shovels to the face. 

     Ok, to be honest, this post is only part reflection. I also really wanted to draw someone getting a shovel to the face, because it's been that kind of week. And yes, it was very satisfying to draw. I did make it a little small, though; if you need to see it larger, you can right click and open in new tab. I'm going to try a new drawing setup next week as this continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment