Sunday, September 15, 2013

Random sketches

   Occasionally, I do random sketches for friends when they're feeling down or annoyed. I appreciate it, because it lets me express art in a way that doesn't need to feel finished. I don't stress over it, or worry if this one line is off- just sketch, photograph, send via email or text, and scrap. I usually don't even know what is going to be drawn until the pen hits the paper, and something starts coming out. Here are two that have come up recently.

1) Tony.
   Tony got a start when my friend Shay needed inspiration to keep mopping the floor. I totally messed up the very first line of whatever I was trying to draw, and it ended up getting turned into Tony- the cheerful, upbeat, inspiring male cheerleader. Go figure.



2) Poor Saul.
     Poor Saul got started when both a friend and I were extremely frustrated at tasks we "had to" be doing. I grabbed an old piece of homework, turned it over, and draw this guy:


The line that accompanied him was "At least you're not stuck in a paper jail, playing a badly-drawn harmonica, with bubba waiting behind the scenes for the music to stop."

Hey, there's truth to that. It could be worse.  

No comments:

Post a Comment