Monday, November 26, 2012

Crunch time

     Going back to reality after time off is always difficult, and this coming week is proving to be no different than usual. On the positive side, there are only three weeks left of classes before the end of the semester, so crunch time won't be too bad. On the well, not-so-positive side, these three weeks are going to be somewhat difficult.


     For starters, the French pronunciation through song class that I'm auditing/ helping out in is gearing up for it's version of a final, which is a week of 5-hour evening rehearsals and then two nights of performances. Unfortunately, the rehearsals start at the same time my Russian class does, so I either need to beg out of the first two hours (thank goodness I just have a bit part), or go to the earlier Russian classes... which would then cut into the time I am scheduled to work. So already, right off the bat, scheduling chaos.

     The Russian class itself adds to the fun in that our final- which is thankfully not a three hour exam- is a five to six page paper due on the last day of class. In Russian. Where we've only even had to write two paragraphs at a time before. Panic. What's even better is that the syllabus for that class claims there are two more tests to be had, but the professor isn't saying when they are, or what they're on. So yeah, no pressure.

I'm trying!

     Fortunately, the third class that I'm enrolled in is much more, well, normal. I have a paper due two weeks from now that is already thoroughly researched and half done, and the final exam is four days after the last class, so I'll have plenty of time to study. The day after that exam, however, I'll be getting on a plane to fly out to see family and friends for the holidays, but hey, at least the pressure of the semester will be over, and only one more to go!

     The upshot of all of this is that I d on't know how much time I'll have to get posts written. I will do my best to at least keep the Friday posts going, but Monday's regular posts might be either short or missing or bizarre. We'll just have to wait and see. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment