Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cycles

I have a bad tendency to need goals in my life. As a student, however, goals are pretty hard to come by when classes aren't in session, and while you can make random goals to get through, those don't last long around me. I made 'em, I can break 'em, because they're meaningless. And when I get to thinking like that, I fall into this pattern:



I know, I know, I'm still no artist, bear with. What makes this particular cycle a little more interesting is that I got the idea to draw this out, and that was enough to break me out. For now. It did what it was supposed to do, however, which is fill my time with something interesting. I started this at about 8pm, while staring, unmotivated, at my computer screen, and it is now 10pm.

I also, incidentally, have a desire to go Office Space on my scanner, as it decided it is smarter than I am, and I wanted only parts of that drawing scanned, rather than the whole thing. That alone took the better part of twenty minutes- trying to find what silly little setting in what drop-down was preventing me from getting the whole picture. In the end, I had to show details of the scan, and drag the selection of one small area to encompass the whole thing. It solved the problem, but also thought I wanted jpegs of the other little bits it particularly liked, so now I'm off to clean up my picture files before going to bed. Sorry for the mildly down tone of this post; blame it on a Monday and crummy scanner. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment