Friday, June 4, 2010

Opera

   No pictures, just a quick update. Went to an opera last night- Don Quixote- and was pleasantly surprised to find it was performed in French! Still a touch hard to understand, due to operatic singing style, but I got more out of it than the English opera we went to. It was with a full-on orchestra and a HUGE pipe organ in the back, an utterly worthwhile night.
   On a side note, I had been listening to Les Mis in French on the way there, because I miss my 2nd language, and a woman stopped me to ask for directions (this happens often, apparently I look sufficiently Russian, or confident, that I'm mistaken for a local often). I was still in French mode, so I answered in French, but once we both recovered, I was able to help her find where she was going. I'm so proud of myself! 
   Doing an island tour this weekend, then have Sunday off again (thank goodness). Got a paper to look through for something to do, and there's a story in there about Russia sending astronauts to Mars? I'll have to sit down and actually read it, but that's what I got from a quick scan. Hope your weekends go well. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment