Friday, June 7, 2013

FTP 53 - Connections

     A couple years ago, I was randomly browsing the internet and came across this picture:


It really made me smile, and I kept it around, pulling it out every now and then when I really needed a smile. I think it's the concept that, no matter who you are, you can make someone's day by taking a moment and letting them learn, explore, try something new, or expand their horizons. And even if it's something that you deal with every day, and it has become blasé to you, you can still be happy, watching them delight in whatever it is.

     Things like this are what keep us all human, and let us connect to each other. The two people in the picture are pretty radically different, but they shared this moment, and it continues to touch others. Keep that in mind the next time someone is eyeing you, or you see someone with whom you think you couldn't possibly have anything in common- you may just be surprised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment