Monday, January 28, 2013

Drawing again, maybe

     Every so often, I get bored with myself and start something new. Recently, as I've mentioned before, I've had a desire to start drawing again. After a couple days of self-critique and debasement, I went back and looked at how I was drawing when I stopped doing so regularly (back in Dec of 2011, if you can believe it's been that long), and you know what? I'm kinda proud of what I was doing. I pulled out all my old drawing stuff, and found a sketch of this:


I have less than no idea what I was thinking or feeling when I drew it, but I figured I'd finish it up so as to make room for new drawings.

     My randomness of output isn't just in drawing, however. When I first started my current job- which entails scanning old documents for hours on end- the thought crossed my mind: I wonder what would happen if you put one end of a massive roll of paper into a scanner? Would it just feed forever and make the longest scan in history, or would it eventually realize that something is amiss and stop? Naturally, I wouldn't do so to an active, well-working and necessary scanner at a jobsite, but I'm curious.

     So standing at the scanner again today, another thought wandered across my mind: If you were to put a taser up against an electrical machine and fire it off, would it a) fry the circuit boards (most likely), b) ground itself out on the frame (not as likely, but possible, depending on the machine), or c) set the plastic on fire? Obviously this is another idea that I wouldn't put to the test unless I had lots of safety precautions and an old, beat-up, not-in-use machine to try it on, but I'm curious. Perhaps it's best to just not let myself get bored...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment