Saturday, September 14, 2019

Geeky proposal

     Set this up back in March: my proposal to the gentleman.






Started on the whiteboard in the kitchen, one of the first places we both go when we wake up.










Heading down the stairs, in order:






On the table in the basement:

Lift the box up and:


     First off: he said yes (or at least came up the stairs with the ring on, and said he loved me, I'm counting that as a win). Second off: he asked how I got the ring right, since he doesn't wear rings (working in HVAC, that's a good way to lose a finger). I answered honestly that I googled "most common men's ring size," and totally lucked out that it fit him. It's a silicone ring designed for active/ mechanical people, so it has a low break tension and no losing fingers.  

Now the rest of the story...

     I know my gentleman is not coherent first thing in the morning, hence waiting for a weekend and the first note in purple. Dude came downstairs, looked at the note, commented on the Moon Knight comic, and had breakfast. Ok, so far so good. Over breakfast, I mentioned I needed a large box for something unrelated, he gets up and heads downstairs at normal walking pace. 

Me: "Honey, no, stop!"
Him: "?? What are all these things....?"
Me: "You.. did you read the note on the whiteboard?" 
Him: "Oh yeah... uh... I'll read those when I'm awake." /comes back upstairs.

     So ok, we chat a bit more, he says he's gonna go take a shower (does the dude have no curiosity?!). He goes upstairs, I head downstairs to work on a project, he comes down to the basement with the laundry hamper, ignores the box on the table, and says "I couldn't read them with my hands full of laundry. I'll go back once I start this load."

     Ok, I wait a little bit longer, he comes up the steps, then starts back down, reading them out loud as he goes and asking questions: "I don't know what transmog means." "What's pet growl?" Dude... it's bad group stuff, move on.... "I really like that Doctor Who quote, what episode is it from?" /facepalm. JUST GET TO THE LAST ONE, YOU FRUITLOOP!!!!

     Eventually, he did manage to make it to the last one, then came upstairs, gave me a hug and said I love you, and we chatted a bit more before getting ready for the day. Love the guy... what a nut. 

In order, those reference: Moon Knight (Marvel Comics), Zelda, online gaming (specifically WoW), Dr Seuss, Wall-E, Doctor Who, Star Wars and Green Arrow/ Black Canary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment